Friends of the Old Court House

101 N. Johnson St.
Woodstock, IL 60098
815-527-7996
Visit Us on FaceBook
Visit Our Website

The Old McHenry County Courthouse, the majestic anchor of the Historic Woodstock Square, was erected in 1857. The adjacent Sheriff's House & Jail was added in 1887, and they were issued landmark status by the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. In 2011 the City of Woodstock took ownership of the buildings and oversees the buildings' restoration. In 2016, Friends of the Old Courthouse, a non-profit, all-volunteer board of community professionals, was established to raise awareness about these County jewels and help with fundraising efforts. A few efforts to date include the 2016 "Dick Tracy Day", the inaugural Gingerbread House Walk at the lighting of the Square in November, and in spring 2017 the launch of "A Day in the Life of McHenry County, IL" commemorative photo book. To become a member of Friends of the Old Courthouse, to make a tax deductible donation, and/or learn more about current family-friendly fundraisers, go to http://www.friendsoftheoldcourthouse.org/. You may also contact JMiller@FriendsOfTheOldCourthouse.org or call (815) 527-7996.

Friends of the Old Court House
Friends of the Old Court House
Friends of the Old Court House
Friends of the Old Court House
Friends of the Old Court House


Back to Previous Page


Request Our Free Visitors Guide


McHenry Riverwalk District

Outdoor Recreation

Crystal Lake

Woodstock Opera House

Facebook Twitter